CMT PROJECT MANAGER – HOUSTON, TEXAS
The Construction Materials Testing (CMT) Project Manager will assist with proposal completion for new contracts, provide technical, budget and staffing oversight of on-going projects. The CMT Project Manager will provide ongoing communications with clients and contractors to ensure successful experiences and timely project completion. This job operates in a professional office environment but may require extended periods of time working outdoors with moderate to heavy (40lbs+) lifting. Applicants are required to complete a background investigation, drug screening and driving record review.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepare and assist in preparation of proposals for new projects
- Monitor and maintain reports associated with proposal activity
- Provide management over-site for ongoing projects: technical, budgetary and personnel
- Perform site visits as necessary to address technical issues
- Ensure client’s expectations are being met by responding expeditiously to client phone calls and emails
- Maintain communications with internal team; engineers, administrative team and executive team
- Review field and lab reports daily, ensure that data reporting is processed in a timely manner
- Report irregularities to engineers and supervisors
- Must follow and enforce all regulatory and safety standards with the team
- Anticipate personnel and equipment needs to accommodate future project completion
- Accuracy, attention to detail and timeliness with project results required
- Ability to read and interpret plans, specifications, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Valid Texas Driver’s License (extra compensation for CDL) and must continue to maintain a safe driving record to fulfill travel requirements of this position
- Must be punctual, reliable, and dependable
- Must be able to lift, carry, push up to 40+ pounds on a regular basis
- Applicants must pass background investigation, drug screening and driving record
- Excellent computer skills: Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel)
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Civil, Construction Management)
- 2-3 years of progressive experience in the CMT and Geotechnical project management
- 5+ years of progressive experience in the CMT and Geotechnical project management
This position will report to the assigned CMT Manager and Operations Manager.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Able to work occasionally weekends, holidays and over-time as needed.
The position is based in our Houston, Texas office. Minimum travel may be required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
RINER is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. RINER is a Drug-Free workplace with drug screening performed.